We may already be a week into 2019, but it is not to late to start tracking your home chicken egg production with this easy spreadsheet. In 2018 I released a version that allows you to track your chickens, egg production, sizes, colors, income, and expenses. Everything the home chicken hobbiest might need to keep their flock’s statistics. I’ve made some tweaks and am now happy to offer another free egg and chicken tracker for 2019. This way everyone can keep up with how deeply in the hole their chickens are taking them :).
2019 Egg Laying and Chicken Flock Tracker
As with last year’s model I am releasing this utility for tracking eggs and other chicken statistics via Google Sheets. I like Google Sheets because I can access it on my phone and easily enter in eggs while I collect them. I used the sheet myself for all of 2018 and got the following charts at the end of the year. We started with a new flock that did not start laying until July which is why there are no eggs for the first few months.:
So what’s New for 2019?
- Added XL eggs. Apparently some of you are all fancy and actually measure and grade these eggs out. For you I added the calculations for XL eggs in all colors!
- Created a separate sheet for the lazy in us. It is a pared down version of the larger tracker for those that just want to track some basics.
Tell us more about the Easy Tracker!
So you want to know more about the simple egg tracker? Well I took out the sizing, as I heard many people did not weigh their eggs nor did they want to guess the size. I left in color, but you can skip that entirely and just put in a total. It also removes a chart and shortens the summary. You still get all the totals, averages, and goodies.
So How do I Use the Free Chicken Egg Tracker?
I made a pretty good guide on how to use the tracker in 2018. It still works just click that link! Also there are some details and release notes inside the first page of both trackers.
Great I’m Sold! How do I get it?
I sure hope you are sold on this egg and chicken tracking spreadsheet because, well, it is free! No catch, I just like making utilities for myself and if others find it useful then great. Click on the links below and you will be prompted to make a copy for yourself. As usual if there is enough demand I will consider making this in Excel or a printable pdf version.
- 2019 Simple Chicken Tracker and Egg Laying Spreadsheet (No More Size Tracking)
- 2019 Robust Chicken Tracker and Egg Laying Spreadsheet (Now with XL)
Other Helpful Links:
- Example Chicken Tracker and Egg Laying Spreadsheet with Data (2018)
- 2018 Post that gives a walk through of the Tracker
All I ask for payment is that you share this post if you think others can use it and let me know your questions, comments, and ideas for improvement in the comments below!